Ugadi is Combination of Six different Tastes sweet, sour, salt, spice, bitter and Punget and the importance of Ugadi Pachadi is that life is a mixture of happiness, sadness, anger, disgust, fear and surprise. Ugadi Pachadi is made of neem flowers, raw mango, jaggery, pepper powder, coconut and salt.
- Sweet- represents the happiness of life
- Sour- signifies the sour moments of life which makes our life worth living
- Salt- represents the fear
- Bitter- means sadness
- Tangy- represents disgust
- Spice- signifies anger
Also Read► Telugu Year Name Hevilambi Samvatsara Details Importance, Effects
Ingrediants need in Ugadi Pachadi:
- A generous pinch neem flower(vepa puvvu),
- 3 tbsp new jaggery(bellam),
- 1 tsp chopped chilli/pepper(karam),
- ⅓ tsp salt(uppu),
- 1lemon sized tamarind(cintapandu),
- ½ mango(mamidi) chopped
How to Prepapare Ugadi Pachadi Step by Stap Instructions:
- Soak the tamarind in ½ cup warm water and extract the juice. Grate the jaggery or you can powder it in mixie also.
- Dissolve it in 1 cup water and filter the impurities using the strainer. Take the neem flowers, separate the flower from the sprigs. Add it in a bowl.
- Take a wide bowl add the tamarind extract, jaggery water, chopped raw mango, neem flower, chopped green chilli or chilli powder or pepper powder, and salt.
- Other than these ingredients we can add ripe banana chunks, fried gram(putnalu), chopped cashews, raisins, coconut etc. are optional according to your procedure you can add it.
- You can use chilli powder or pepper powder for karam
If you didn’t get fresh neem leaves you can use dried ones which is available in grocery stores.
Also See► Happy Ugadi 2017 Facebook Watsapp DP’s Images Status Wallpapers
Finally wish you a Very Happy Ugadi Again. Enjoy the festival with UGADI Pachadi.