Ugadi is Combination of Six different Tastes sweet, sour, salt, spice, bitter and Punget and the importance of Ugadi Pachadi is that life is a mixture of happiness, sadness, anger, disgust, fear and surprise. Ugadi Pachadi is made of neem flowers, raw mango, jaggery, pepper powder, coconut and salt.
- Sweet- represents the happiness of life
- Sour- signifies the sour moments of life which makes our life worth living
- Salt- represents the fear
- Bitter- means sadness
- Tangy- represents disgust
- Spice- signifies anger
Ingrediants need in Ugadi Pachadi:
- A generous pinch neem flower(vepa puvvu),
- 3 tbsp new jaggery(bellam),
- 1 tsp chopped chilli/pepper(karam),
- ⅓ tsp salt(uppu),
- 1lemon sized tamarind(cintapandu),
- ½ mango(mamidi) chopped
How to Prepapare Ugadi Pachadi Step by Stap Instructions:
- Soak the tamarind in ½ cup warm water and extract the juice. Grate the jaggery or you can powder it in mixie also.
- Dissolve it in 1 cup water and filter the impurities using the strainer. Take the neem flowers, separate the flower from the sprigs. Add it in a bowl.
- Take a wide bowl add the tamarind extract, jaggery water, chopped raw mango, neem flower, chopped green chilli or chilli powder or pepper powder, and salt.
- Other than these ingredients we can add ripe banana chunks, fried gram(putnalu), chopped cashews, raisins, coconut etc. are optional according to your procedure you can add it.
- You can use chilli powder or pepper powder for karam
If you didn’t get fresh neem leaves you can use dried ones which is available in grocery stores.
Finally wish you a Very Happy Ugadi Again. Enjoy the festival with UGADI Pachadi.