Jr NTR Birthday Special: Few lesser known facts about the actor we bet you didn’t know
Young tiger Jr NTR – Nandamuri Taraka Ramo Rao is celebrating his 35th Birthday today, on 20th May. The actor, who turns 35 today, is one of the most loved superstars of the Telugu film industry. Known for his amazing screen presence and powerful dialogue delivery, Jr NTR has nearly completed 17 years in the industry and one of the most popular stars in the industry. So today on his birthday, here’s presenting facts we bet you never knew about Young Tiger NTR:
Here are some interesting and lesser known facts about the star:
- Jr NTR is the Grandson of Telugu actor-former Chief Minister Nandamuri Taraka Rama Rao, Jr NTR hails from Nandamuri family, one of the most powerful clans of Andhra Pradesh.
- Jr NTR faced the at the very small age. He started acting at the age of 10 with film, Brahmarshi Vishwamitra (1991) and it was directed by Sr. NTR. He was also seen in the film Bala Ramayanam in which he played the role of a Lord Rama.
- Jr NTR is a well trained classical dancer, trained in Kuchipudi dancer he has performed at many events in Andhra Pradesh.
- Jr NTR is quite fascinated by number 9. In fact, all the number plates of his car have number 9. Reports say, all his cars have the number plate – 9999. He paid a whopping amount to get this number at the registration office.
- He is the only Telugu actor who has a loyal and huge fan base in Japan. His film Baadshah (2013) was dubbed in Japanese and was even nominated for a film festival in Japan. It is said that after Superstar Rajinikanth, it is only Jr NTR, the Indian actor who is more famous in Japan.
- While Ninnu Chudalani was his debut film, he had his first hit with Student No.1, which was directed by Baahubali director SS Rajamouli. It was the debut film for Rajamouli. Student No.1 became a cracking hit and NTR stormed to the top position in Telugu cinema. In fact, Rajamouli’s first two films featured Jr NTR. Both Student No.1 (2001) and Simhadri (2003), directed by Baahubali director were blockbusters. The director-actor duo made a hattrick of blockbusters with Yamadonga (2007).
- Jr. NTR is very much food and loves cooking as well. In fact, he is a very good cook. His forever favourite dish remains his mother’s prawn Biryani.
- He featured twice in Forbes India Celebrity list for the year 2012 and 2016
We wish Jr. NTR a very Happy Birthday!