Mukesh Ambani’s 45 Minute Speech on Jio cost Airtel & Idea Rs 11,983 crore
After Launching Reliance Jio, Mukesh Mabani’s 45 Minute Speech on Jio created a loss of a loss of Rs 11,983 crore competitor networks Airtel & Idea.
Reliance Jio had a huge impact on its competitors Airtel, Idea and Vodafone. Airtel and Idea lost Rs 12,000 crore & Rs 2,800 crore market cap respectively after Mukesh Ambani’s 45 minute speech. While Airtel lost 6.30 percent equity to come down to 310.75, Idea declined by 9.58 percent to reach Rs 84.50. Airtel & Idea remained as biggest losers on Thursday. By the end of the day, The combined loss stands at Rs 11,983 crore.
Reliance Jio hogged the limelight post Mukesh Ambani’s announcements at the 42nd annual general meeting (AGM) of Reliance Industries (RIL).
- Subscribers of Reliance Jio can have free access to the services from September 5th to December 31st, 2016.
- 1 GB data would be provided for Rs 50
- No blockage of messages or Extra Charge during Festivals,
- 300 live channels, 6,000 films, 60,000 music videos,
- 28 lakh caller tunes and many other offers were announced.
Reliance Jio: 9 things it offers to customers:
1. All Jio services free till December 31, 2016
2. Voice calls go absolutely free
3. No roaming charges
4.Tariff plans starts at Rs 19
5. Base tariff 1/10th of other telecom operators.
6. 4G smartphones starting at Rs 2,999 launched.
8. Peak download speed of upto 135 MBPS
9. No blackout days
Jio Digital Life
Best network with the lowest data rates globally
LYF devices starting Rs. 2,999/-
Complimentary Jio Apps worth Rs. 15,000/-
Instant Aadhaar based activations
Free voice calls
No complex telecom charges
Jio simple Tariff Plans
Special discounts for students
Enterprise friendly solutions and plans
India’s first ever platinum service
Affordable and Simple Tariffs
No more Voice call charges – Local & STD
No more roaming charges – One India
No more high data rates
No more high base rates and overages
No more blackout days
India’s first all IP network
Data-strong network built for Internet
Mobile video network
True 4G covering 18,000 cities, 2 lakh villages
Voice over LTE (VoLTE)
Future Proof – 5G, 6G ready
Affordable, cutting-edge devices
Compelling Apps & Content