Meet Ambur Iyyappa Flipkart’s First Employee to now A Multi Millionaire. The journey of Flipkart right from the inception is inspiring. Started off at Zero, this e-commerce firm has introduced a whole new trend of shopping to Indians. Now, all of the surprises, the popular Walmart is buying a 77% stake in Flipkart for a massive $16 billion.
Flipkart started its journey in India back in 2007, it was humble and small. It was run then out of a modest two-bedroom apartment in Koramangala, Bengaluru. The idea was simple. Consumers could shop online and get books delivered to their doorstep. Flipkart got some 20 orders in its first year.
Flipkart’s First employee Ambur Iyappa — was hired two years after the company started up. Despite those little beginnings, Flipkart now became a gigantic firm with multiple offices across the country. Its Bengaluru headquarters alone houses some 7000 employees.
To everybody’s surprise, Ambur’s first salary was a lowly Rs 8,000. Today, thanks to ESOPs — Employee Stock Ownership Plans — Ambur is a multi-millionaire.
Ambur had before joining Flipkart been a delivery manager with First Flight Couriers. In the four years he was with them, he rose to handling all incoming mails for south Bengaluru. He then decided he needed to do a three-month course to further his prospects. But when he came back to First Flight, they told him they no longer had a job for him. First Flight however happened to be one of Flipkart’s courier partners.
Ambur heard from the delivery boy who managed the Flipkart account that they were looking for an in-house logistics person. So Ambur went to Flipkart’s office and met Sachin and Binny Bansal. (The Bansals — they’re not related — had met at IIT-Delhi in 2005.)
Ambur got the job. His offer letter however he got almost a year later since Flipkart at the time had no human resources team.
When Iyyappa started his Flipkart journey at a modest salary of less than Rs 8,000, he had also received some shares in the nascent venture along with it. This proved to be a huge turning point in Iyyappa’s life. As the company grew from a small online platform for selling books to a large ecommerce giant, so did the value of his shares in the company.
Ambur is now a dollar multimillionaire and working as an associate director managing customer experience at Flipkart. Even though his bank balance is now stronger than ever, he still continues to live a modest lifestyle in the same locality where he lived a decade ago and rides a Suzuki Access 125 scooter to work.
- Actress Samantha Akkineni Lovely New HD Photos
- 18 Unseen Photos Of Baahubali Actress Anushka Shetty
- Mehreen Kaur Pirzada in Beautiful Saree HD Photo Gallery
- Money of Indians in Swiss banks rise 50% to over Rs 7000 crore
- Radhika Seth in Bikini Latest Photo Shoot stills
- Mahesh Babu with his fitness trainer: MB25 Updates
- Lights, Solar Panels and Battery Stolen from Eastern Peripheral Expressway in Uttar Pradesh
- Actress Adah Sharma Unseen Photos
- Anupama Parameswaran Lovely HD Photo Gallery
- Miss World Manushi Chhillar New HD Photo Gallery
- India’s Position In List Of Dangerous Countries for women Is indeed Shameful
- Want To Know Who This Mystery Girl From FIFA Match Is?
- Kajal Aggarwal Latest Beautiful HD Photo gallery
- Tej I Love You Movie Trailer
- Regina Cassandra at 65th Jio Filmfare Awards South 2018 Photos
Bollywood2 months ago
Photo Gallery: Deepika Padukone Hot at Cannes Film Festival 2018
Photo Gallery3 weeks ago
18 Unseen Photos Of Baahubali Actress Anushka Shetty
News3 months ago
Malayali Girl Changed The Mind Of Facebook CEO
Photo Gallery4 weeks ago
Regina Cassandra at 65th Jio Filmfare Awards South 2018 Photos
Tollywood2 months ago
Top 5 Highest Telugu Grossers in USA in 2018
News2 months ago
14-year-old who got pregnant was raped by 2 brothers on Holi, Parents Lodged Complaint
Photo Gallery4 weeks ago
15 Photos of Actress Sayyeshaa That are Just too Hot to Handle!!
Inspiring Stories2 months ago
Why Did Bear Grylls Want To Join the Indian Army?